How to track CC’s and Follower’s email opens using Email Tracking
From now on, Email tracking monitors CC’s and Follower’s email opens. This means you have a wider possibility to learn who opened the email and when.
To launch this kind of monitoring, you need to perform a few steps and enable CCs and Followers tracking option. Let’s overview the process separately for both options - CCs and Followers.
How to enable CC tracking option
1. First, go to the Settings page and activate triggers to track email opens.
2. Then, make sure you have the CCs enabled in your Zendesk instance. To do so, go to Zendesk’s “Admin” tab -> “Settings” -> ”Tickets” -> and see if the checkmark is put on “Enable CCs on tickets”.
3. Next, go back to Email Tracking’s settings page and click on the “Copy” button in the “Track CCs and Followers” block.
4. Finally, go to Zendesk’s Admin page and paste the copied shortcode in “CC Email text”. (Please paste it at the beginning of the field as shown on the screenshot below)
How to enable the Followers tracking option
To enable the followers tracking, you will have to complete the similar stages:
1. At first, go to Admin tab -> Settings -> Tickets -> Set up CCs and Followers.
2. Then, when a modal window appears, select Configure and activate the tab. Next, put a checkmark in front of “I acknowledge that I will no longer be using the previous settings”. Click on “Save and Activate”.
3. After this action, you’ll see the checkbox “Enable followers”. Put the checkmark to track the followers.
4. Next, go back to Email Tracking’s settings page and click on the “Copy” button in the “Track CCs and Followers” block.
5. Finally, go to Settings->Tickets and paste the shortcode as shown on the screenshot.
So that’s all for today. Now Email Tracking can track CCs or Followers. You’ll receive the internal note when an email is opened by any of them.
If this hasn't answered your question, contact us for an immediate resolution.