How to Create Automations in GDPR Compliance
Refusing manual work where possible is the most efficient way to save time and invest it in doing more important things. While performing one of the GDPR processes in Zendesk, you may come up with the idea that such operations could proceed automatically. So, we will help you schedule deleting or anonymizing data in Zendesk.
Add a New Automation
To create automation, as shown in a screenshot below, open the GDPR Automation tab and click Add automation on the right corner above.
Second, name the automation, select a list you want to proceed and set the process type.
More details about each item:
- Name (obligatory) – the name of the automation will be displayed on a GDPR Automation tab.
- List type – there are two list types available: User and Ticket. Select User as a List type if you want to anonymize or remove users' data.
- List (obligatory) – caused by List type. If you previously chose a user list type, now you are presented with all user lists stored in the app. Select one list you would like to proceed with or create a new one with particular conditions on the Settings tab.
- Process type – you must choose which actions you want to perform with the data. So, you can either delete or anonymize it.
Next, we need to set rules to launch the automations. This way, point out when it starts, ends, and other conditions:
- Start at – the date when the automation launches.
- Repeat every – defines how often the process occurs based on Frequency.
- Frequency – is responsible for time periods. You can select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly frequency. To clarify, let’s look over examples of customizing fields described above. Suppose you want to anonymize a user list once a week on Friday. Therefore, fill in number one in the Repeat every section, set a Weekly Frequency, and put a checkmark near a weekday. However, if you need to launch anonymization every two weeks, enter the number 2 in the Repeat every field.
- End – indicates when the automation must be finished. You can select a specific Date or leave Never as it is a default option. By the way, using the condition After allows us to point out how many times the automation should be performed before it is over.
After filling all fields, click the Create button to save new automation.
Activate a Created Automation
When the creation of automation is finished, you can see it on the GDPR Automation page. There are some options you might notice on the left. These buttons allow editing the automation, viewing the process list, changing the automation’s status, and deleting it. Finally, as our automation is Inactive, we click the third button to turn it on.
From now, the created automation anonymizes personal data from a selected user list. If you need to stop automation performing manually at any time, click on the Deactivate button (the last one on a panel).
You have learned how to schedule data deletion and anonymization in Zendesk. Hope it is helpful.
Whenever you have questions or propositions, contact our support team.