How to start anonymizing in GDPR Compliance for Zendesk
Looking for a proven tool to process data in Zendesk tickets and contacts? In such cases, we suggest GDPR Compliance to anonymize, delete and retrieve data according to European and Californian privacy protocols.
As you may know, anonymizing means hiding customer information without removing it from Zendesk. By the way, in GDPR Compliance you can select a type of information to process and change it when you need it.
1. Firstly, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Anonymizing. Put a checkmark in front of the fields to be anonymized, for both contacts and tickets.
2. Also, you can delete or leave attachments in tickets during anonymization in the same place in the Preferences, just scroll down to put the checkmark. And be sure you click the Save button.
You can launch the anonymization from several places in Zendesk. So, let’s dive into the explanation of every approach.
Anonymizing directly from a ticket
The first is Anonymizing directly from a ticket. Just open the Views tab in Zendesk and select the ticket. Click the apps icon inside the ticket -> click on Process GDPR Requests -> select Anonymize data option -> click on Proceed.
Anonymizing from the list of all end-users in Zendesk Support
The second approach is anonymizing from the list of all end-users in Zendesk Support to process data for every single user. That means you need to:
1. Go to Zendesk’s admin tab and select People in the Manage section.
2. Choose the user from search results, click on their name to open the profile.
3. On the sidebar, find the GDPR app and click Process GDPR requests.
4. Then select the Anonymization type and click Proceed.
Anonymizing data from Ticket and Contact lists inside the app
The last method is anonymizing data from Ticket and Contact lists inside the app. Go to your GDPR and click on Contact or Ticket views. We selected contacts.
In general, the process is similar for Ticket lists, so follow the same steps for successful data treatment. Anonymizing inside the app allows you to deal with data both in bulk and for separate users or tickets without skipping through the pages, so we recommend it.
Also, use the Eye icon to open and check the details of the exact contact or ticket.
We hope this article was useful for you! Contact us to get professional help from our super helpful support agents.