If your company is big enough to warrant an entire support department, you are probably using a help desk system. After all, these pieces of tech are designed to help your support department solve tickets in a fast, effective, and scalable manner. But not all tools are designed equally as sometimes, your needs don’t really align with the capabilities with your tool.
We’ve been there and we know what it is. Hence why we decided to cover this process, the process of migrating your team from one system to another. Now as a small disclaimer, we are using Salesforce and Zendesk for illustration purposes. Both are fantastic tools but the core ideas between them are quite different hence the picks. We’ll also cover some basic things you should keep an eye to avoid any troubles in the future. But enough with the introductions, let’s dive into the article itself.
As we mentioned previously, before we jump into Salesforce to Zendesk migration process itself, we’d love to point a few things in advance as it will save you a lot of time and headaches in the future. We won’t be chewing them out but just point towards the direction. So, here are five tips you should totally make use of:
- Define what data you need to move in advance
- See what day of the week will have/has the least workload
- Make sure every staff (notably agents) is aware of the move process
- Create lots of data backups before committing to a new system
- Prepare the target platform
Now, these are just the basics and if you want to learn more, we suggest that you check out these 10 data migration mistakes that occur during transfers. But in the meantime, let’s head over to the Salesforce to Zendesk migration process itself.
The Migration Process
Now you can opt to use the file method a.k.a the pray the CSV file will fit nicely but we advise that you start with our custom migration wizard. It is not only more reliable but a lot more flexible in what you want to move. Yes, you don’t need to move all the things you have on your Salesforce account, with GrowthDot you can transfer the data you need and not worry about things getting cluttered. Furthermore, our system does not require any kind of coding or in-depth technical knowledge.
To move your stuff all you have to do is specify your credentials on both ends. By both ends, we mean that you need to supply the system with both your Salesforce and Zendesk credentials for it to work. Now, why this is done, is it needs to ensure that Salesforce to Zendesk migration is possible as otherwise, both systems won’t have a “bridge to walk on”. Oh, and in case you are worried, your data is absolutely safe and sound. We use the latest and greatest security scripts and protocols so there’s nothing to be worried about here.
After you’ve provided the necessary access details, the system will perform a demo migration. For those of you who are curious, this is done to ensure that data is “migratable” and that no errors will pop up in the long run. After this step is complete, you get to pick what kind of data you want to move and what stuff should be left out. And that’s pretty much it from your side. Our migration team handles the rest.
Typically, the process takes one business day but depending on the number of records and specifics of the work, it can take just a little bit longer. The last thing we’d like to point out is the prices. You only pay for the records moved. No hidden fees, work associated expenses, etc. Just your migrated records. Kind of a miracle, considering what you get at the end.
Benefits of GrowthDot
Now some of you might be reasoning, “okay, if I pay, what kind of benefits I get?” and we are glad that you did as there’s enough of them.
1. Let’s start with the fact that you don’t have to deal with different systems and worry about incompatibilities. There are times when even a heavily edited (adapted) import file will still have stuff mixed.
2. Then there’s the fact that you don’t need to hire anyone to write a custom script. Hiring a freelancer won’t be cheaper either. With this system, you don’t have to wait for things to be developed, nor do you need any kind of testing. Just open the “box” and use the contents with no strings attached.
3. Last but not least, you don’t need to worry that something will go wrong. The people working there will be right there with you throughout the entire process. From start to end and beyond. That’s right, they provide support even after the migration has been complete so no worries here.
If you are still on the “I don’t know” side, then worry not as the developers of the tool offer all of their customers a free demo. You will get to see the tool in action and you can move a small number of records for free. Nothing to lose and lot’s to gain. If you are interested, just drop them a message or give them a call and they will get back to you ASAP to answer all your questions.
Switch to Zendesk right now
Migrate easily with GrowthDot